Unless you’ve been off-world for a few years, it’s not news that electronic media technologies are exerting a dramatic impact on our political sphere. However, being generally aware of the fact and having a more detailed understanding of the hows and whys, that’s another thing.
Our good friend Josh Catone and his colleagues over at Mashable have just released a fantastic series (http://mashable.com/2012/10/02/politics-transformed-special-report/) entitled Politics Transformed: The High Tech Battle for Your Vote, and to say it’s illuminating is to badly understate the case. Some of the specific issues addressed include:
- How Close Are We to Internet Voting?
- How Crowdfunding Is Rewriting the Campaign Finance Playbook
- Digital Campaigning: Meet the Marketing Wizards of D.C.
- Voter Data: What the Candidates Know About You
- Can Targeted Ads Save Millions of Campaign Dollars?
- How Social Media Can Safeguard Your Vote
- How to Market the Next President
- The Rise of Mobile in Election 2012
- Election 2040: The First President for Digital Natives
- Social Is the Secret Weapon in Local Politics
- Gaffesplosion: The Unrelenting Hype of Modern Politics
- Can Social Media Really Boost Voter Turnout?
- Why Big Data Falls Short of Its Political Promise
This is why we love Mashable. Consider this special report recommended.