Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee on Monday endorsed a proposed Colorado Human Life Amendment that would define personhood as a fertilized egg.
Of course, Preacher Huck hasn’t stopped to ponder all the practical and logistical nightmares this kind of silliness would engender. For instance:
- If my wife is pregnant, can I claim Unborn, Jr. as a tax exemption?
- Does this make the legal drinking age 20 years, 3 months?
- Can kids get their driver’s licenses 15 years and 3 months after exiting the womb?
- If a kid if 17 years and 3 months old by traditional reckoning come November, we have to let him vote, right?
- Can a pregnant woman drive in the HOV lane?
- Ooh – this has implications for when you can be tried as an adult, doesn’t it?
- Would pregnant women have to pay for an extra ticket when they go to amusement parks?
- Could a pregnant woman be arrested for sneaking an underaged person into an NC-17 rated movie?
Thanks to KagroX and Oliver Griswold for a couple of the better ideas above…